A Mr. P Birthday Meal

Hello Readers

This week was a busy one for us. On July 4th we celebrated Mr. P's first year in Canada. Added to that it was his birthday on the 6th!

For months and months he has wanted to have Banger's and Mash (Sausage and potatoes) for his dinner. I am not a fan of either, let alone in the same dish! However, as it was his day I thought I would surprise him with his favourite home-cooked meal from home: Bangers and Mash

I even managed to find authentic-tasting sausages at our local British shop. They sold Irish sausages and I was so excited. I even picked up a little can of mushy peas just for him!

I give you, Bangers and Mash:

You'll need:

4 links of pork sausage
7-8 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 2 inch cubes
4 tbsp sour cream
1/4 cup of butter
3 tbsp milk
4 tbsp cream cheese
1 tbsp butter

For the gravy:
1 large onion, chopped
gravy granules ( I used bisto)
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup water
4-5 tbsp flour

Method:

Boil potatoes on high. Leave boiling until potatoes are soft.

Drain.

Add potatoes to stand mixer. Spin until potatoes are mashed.

Next add cream cheese, butter, milk and sour cream.

Mix together until blended in and smooth.

Set aside.

Melt butter in a sauce pan, medium heat.

Add onions and cook until browned.

Once browned, add a flour to mixture and sir.

Next, add gravy granules (approx 1/2 package).

Add water.

Stir.

Turn to low heat and stir occasionally (so skin doesn't form).

Add butter into frying pan, medium heat.

Add sausages and cook each side until golden and crisp.



Plate mashed potatoes.

Add 2 links of sausage

Add gravy.


There you have it! Your authentically British dinner. 

Mr. P's comments: "Excellent, just like home."

Overall, they were a huge success in our home and it made the birthday boy very happy.

Thanks for reading and don't forget to check out my Facebook and Instagram pages!

Happy kitchening,
Lisa xx

*Please note: I am not a professional chef/baker, nor here to plug any companies, chefs, chains etc. I am a pleasantly plump woman who has a fierce love of feeding myself, husband, and anyone who loves to eat!

Comments

Popular Posts