Chicken Curry with Cauliflower Rice

Hello Friends!

So as I previously stated, I am currently on my own Keto Journey. The number one question I always am asked is "is it hard to do?" The answer for me, no!
I am not an overly sweet fan. I love food in general. So, I find when I crave something it's usually a deli meat or something savoury. Well today, that was chicken curry!

Mr. P is English. In England, curries and Indian food in general is extremely popular. I learned to make a curry early on in our relationship as it's one of his favourites.

Today, I made a Madras Curry. It is not an overly spicy curry, depending on your spice levels. I would rank it 3 on a scale out of 5.

When I make a curry, I occasionally make my own paste. Today, there was no time! Wednesdays are always a very busy day of the week. I teach my whole class at 8:30pm and then I often have meetings with Beijing afterwards.

Wednesdays call for a quick, filling but most important, healthy meal. So, I give you my spin on Chicken Madras Curry with cauliflower rice.

What you'll need:

2-3 medium-sized chicken breast, cubed
2-3 medium-sized peppers of your choice, diced
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 large can of diced tomatoes ( I like the Italian seasonings)
1 jar of Patak's Curry paste
1 bag of cauliflower rice (no I don't rice it myself)
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil




Steps:

1. Pour the oil into a large frying pan. You want just enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Turn on heat to medium-high.

2. Dice your chicken and veggies.

This is a rough example of sizing to portion your chicken and veggies equally:


3. Add chicken to the oil first, start browning then add onion next. Stir fry until they start browning. 

4. Once they have a bit of colour, add the peppers and stir-fry together. 

5. Add the Patak's curry paste. I usually add about 2-3 Tbsp as we like it spicy but the amount you add is totally up to you.
6. Once the meat and paste is sealed, add the tomatoes. Turn down the heat to medium-low and let it simmer. 

7. Pour the remaining oil into another frying pan and heat on medium.

8. Add the cauliflower rice and cook until it is soft, but tender. 

9. Plate the rice and curry together.

10. Optional * add 1-2 Tbsp of plain greek yogurt to cool the spices. 



I would say we have this meal once to twice every two weeks. We love Indian food and this our healthy spin to keep enjoying it. You can modify the veggies any which way you like, in fact, the more the better as it increases the flavour. 

Thank you so much for reading and cooking along with me!

Love from my kitchen to yours,

Mrs. Price

Comments

Popular Posts