Chocoholic Choco-Cheesecake

Hello Readers!

For Canada Day, Lil P and I travelled to the Capital, Ottawa, to celebrate Canada's 150 Birthday! For this sesquicentennial occasion, we stayed with a very dear friend of mine. We met whilst studying our undergraduate at Trent University. Believe it or not, he taught me how to grate cheese. I never knew how to grate cheese before the age of 19. I thought it just came out of a bag from the grocery store.
Believe me, I have come a long, long way and I hope this doesn't break any trust you put into my recipes or what I share.

To thank him and celebrate I attempted to combine his two favourite things together: chocolate and cheesecake.

Thus I give you, my chocoholic choco-cheesecake

You'll need:

For the crust:
400 g chocolate cookie crumbs
1/4 cup of butter

For the filling:

680 g cream cheese
1 cup icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups dark chocolate, melted
1.5 cups whipping cream

For the ganache:

1.5 cups dark chocolate
1/4 cup butter

Method:

Melt butter

Pour chocolate crumbs into a large mixing bowl

Pour butter over crumbs and mix together



Spray a 9 inch springform pan

Press mixture into pan


Place pan in fridge to cool and firm

Using a stand mixer, pour cream into a bowl and start whip using the balloon attachment. As it starts to form, add vanilla and icing sugar. Continue to whip until it forms



In a separate bowl blend cream cheese and sugar together

Add chocolate to the microwave and melt, allow to cool

Add the sugar and cream cheese to the whipped cream mixture



Then add the cooled chocolate to the mixture.


Pour mixture on top of the formed crust

Smooth over make sure it is evenly spread over the crumb crust

Place back into the fridge

Melt chocolate and butter together in the microwave



Stir and mix together

Slowly pour over the cheesecake and spread carefully and evenly.

Tip: use the back of a teaspoon to press everything down and smooth evenly.

Finally, top with chocolate chips to add an extra pop of chocolate


There you have it! Your chocoholic choco-cheesecake!

There is no feedback for this one from Mr. P, but my friend M.M has some!

M.M "The cheesecake was good, it was very rich and chocolately, I could only manage a small piece. However, it was devoured at the party."

Thanks so much for reading and be sure to check out my Instagram and Facebook pages!

Until next time, happy kitchening!

Mrs. P
xx
*Please note: I am not a professional chef/baker, nor here to plug any companies, chefs, chains etc. I am a pleasantly plump woman who has a fierce love of feeding myself, husband, and anyone who loves to eat!















Comments

Popular Posts