Not so cake cupcakes

Hello Readers,

First off I would like to start by thanking all of my readers,  Instagram Followers and people who have reached out with love and comments about my posts. I truly do appreciate you taking the time to read my posts and the recipes I share.

This weekend I celebrated with great friends and truly enjoyed catching up with them. We celebrated the 1st birthday of my friend's son, Little C2. It was a beautiful occasion. However, there is something very special about this day. Little C2 shares his birthday with his Zia (Aunt). His Zia is not a fan of sweets so I made her a special kind of cupcake-- Meatloaf Cupcakes, topped with mash potato icing.

Here is what you need:

Meatloaf:

1 lb of hamburger
1 egg
6 tbsp of breadcrumbs
1 tsp of garlic
1 tsp of salt
spices of your choice.

I use:
Italian Spices
basil
chili powder
a hint of bbq sauce

Mashed Potatoes:
3-4 strips of bacon (already cooked)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup butter
8 potatoes
a splash of milk

Start by peeling and cutting your potatoes and putting them on to boil.

For the meatloaf:

Place cupcake sheets into the cupcake pan

Spray paper and pan with a bit of PAM

Place hamburger and ingredients into a large mixing bowl.

Mix together (I like to use my hands).

Take a small handful and press into the cupcake papers ( about half full)

Place in the oven at 375 F for 20-25 minutes

While your meatloaf is cooking your potatoes should be done roughly 5 minutes ( or I found mine were, I cut them small before boiling)

Drain potatoes

Place in a mixing bowl and whip the potatoes

Add butter

Mix until melted

Add milk, cream cheese and cheddar cheese

Mix until it is well blended

Mix in bacon.

Wait for meatloaf to finish and remove from the oven.

Let it stand for 5 minutes.

While meatloaf stands take a piping bag and add a very wide tip (so the bacon will fit)

NOTE: You don't have to pipe your potatoes, it is completely your choice. You can also use a teaspoon and scoop on top of each meatloaf.

Optional: Add a dollop of ketchup on top of the meatloaf before potatoes




Swirl mash potatoes onto the meatloaf.

Bake at 375 for an additional 10 minutes

Serve.


Today's feedback comes from a special guest, my brother, Mr. M.

Mr. M's comments: They were good. I ate 4. In one go. I would definitely recommend using the paper thingy's because it's hard to get the meatloaf out of the hole. Don't change the recipe. It's good. They filled my hearty appetite. It was a unique spin on a classic and were full of flavour. 

So there you have it, a not so cake cupcake's that are quick for a week night dinner. 

*Please note: I am not a professional chef/baker, nor here to plug any companies, chefs, chains etc. I am a pleasantly plump woman who has a fierce love of feeding myself, husband, and anyone who loves to eat!

Comments

Popular Posts