Lemon on Lemon Cake

Hello Readers! I apologize for the delay. It's been a while since my last post. There has been lots going on but all good things. We are very excited to announce we've purchased our first home in Canada. We are very excited for our next chapter!

 I recently made Lemon cake with a made up Lemon Drizzle that turned out perfectly! So without further or do I give you my "Lemon on Lemon" cake: 

 For the cake: 
 1 box Lemon cake mix 
4 tbsp Lemon extract 
1 box of Lemon pudding mix 
1 cup 18% cream 
3 eggs
 1/2 cup of Vegetable oil 

Follow the instructions on the box to bake the cake adding and substituting with the ingredients above. 

While your cake is baking you'll need: 
 1 cup of icing sugar/ confectioners' sugar 
1-3 tbsp of lemon juice 
1/2 cup water 
5 tbsp of lemon extract 

Sift icing sugar in a large bowl 

Add lemon juice and lemon extract 

Gradually add water depending how thick you want your drizzle remove cake from the oven and cool on a rack pour drizzle slowly over the cake let cool for 20 minutes and serve.
























The cake turned out well and was very moist. 

 I am a personal fan of cake from a box and here is why: It is always the right consistency and what people expect a cake to be. Though it isn't "homemade" it always is consistent and I do modify with other ingredients. 

 Thanks for reading and happy baking!

 Lisa xx

*Please note: I am not a professional chef/baker, nor here to plug any companies, chefs, chains etc. I am a pleasantly plump woman who has a fierce love of feeding myself, husband, and anyone who loves to eat!

Comments

Popular Posts