Chicken Tuesday's

Hello Readers!

This week has been a bit of a long one already, I've got a brutal cold of some kind where I am left sounding like a pre-teen mixed with Mickey Mouse! 

However, it has not dulled my cooking spirit. Yesterday I made a family favourite for everyone- chicken cutlets with fettuccine alfredo. 

Here is what you need: 
Chicken breasts 
Breadcrumbs
Spices (I use an Italian blend) 
Minced Garlic
Flour
2 Eggs (for 6 chicken breasts) 
Pasta 
Heavy cream 
Parmesan cheese 
2 tbsp of butter 

I start by thining my chicken breasts with a mallet. I place between 2 pieces of wax paper to minimize the mess.

Then I dip the chicken in the whipped egg wash
Dip in flour
Dip in egg wash again 
Dip in breadcrumbs and spices (mixed together) 

 

Then I place in a skillet with hot olive oil and fry. 

 


Once there is a golden coat and the outside is seared well, I place on a cookie sheet and bake and 425 Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.

 

While the chicken bakes I then boil my pasta. Follow portion guide for how many people you have and the type of pasta you're using. I like Spaghettini and I boil it for about 8 minutes and use 3/4 of the pack for 6 people. 

For the alfredo I start by melting my 2 tbsp of butter in the pan. 

After that's melted I add the garlic and cook for a few moments until it gets a bit of colour.

Next, I add the cream and start heating. I use about 250 ml but it varies depending on how well it's thickening. 
I gradually whisk the Parmesan in and usually use 1 cup to thicken with. 

Allow to sit on low heat and thicken and stir often so the cheese doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. 
 

Once your pasta has finished boiling, drain and add sauce. 

Mix sauce and pasta together and let it stand for 2-5 minutes on low heat. 

Plate up and serve! 




Mr. P isn't here with us this morning for feedback but Little P is here.

Little P's corner: "AAAAAAH! Mmm mmm mmm da-da-da" (translated to) "I like chicken and noodles" 

Thanks for reading and Happy Hump Day! 

Take care,
Lisa xx



*Please note: I am not a professional chef/baker, nor here to plug any companies, chefs, chains etc. I am a pleasantly plump woman who has a fierce love of feeding myself, husband, and anyone who loves to eat!

Comments

Popular Posts