Well it's been a while...

Hello Readers!

Well it's been a few weeks! We have been busy here in the Price Household preparing for Christmas! I hope you are all getting into the spirit for the big guy to come on Thursday night!

Before I share my recipe here is my final and finished product of my Christmas Cake from my last night of cake school:


I am very happy with the way it turned out and as always here is Mr. P's feedback:

Mr Prices Corner: "it's so good I'm not sharing with anyone! I can't believe you gave half of it away!"

Now onto tonight's recipe...

As winter is in a few days now I thought I'd share a family favourite:
Chili and Beer Bread (recipe from my mom).

This is a Marshall family favourite and it's a sure hit to keep you warm and full during those cold days.

So here it is... 

The chili:

I always tend to make mine in the crockpot. It turns out beautifully and it leaves the house smelling wonderful.

I use:
Lean hamburger (1-2lbs)
Red, green, yellow bell peppers, chopped
Chili powder
1-2 chili peppers 
Cumin
bay leaves
Garlic cloves
Basil
Any other spices I find 
Chopped tomatoes, canned
1/2 cup of red wine
1 large onion, chopped

I put everything into the crockpot on low for 8 hours.


The beer bread:

This is actually quite easy to do! 
3 cups of all purpose flour
1/4 cup of sugar
1/2 can of light beer
1/2 stick of butter

Spray the bread pan and preheat oven at 375 f.

Mix everything but the butter in a bowl and pour into pan.

Melt the butter and pour over top of the mixture.

Bake for 40 minutes. 


This is a delicious recipe that I love to have. Special thanks to my mom for sharing her recipe with me and showing me how to make beer bread!

Mr. P's corner: "it was nice, I dunno, the bread was really good even though American beer is gross"

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 
Thanks for reading and see you soon! 

Merry Christmas,
Lisa xox 


*Please note: I am not a professional chef/baker, nor here to plug any companies, chefs, chains etc. I am a pleasantly plump woman who has a fierce love of feeding myself, husband, and anyone who loves to eat!
 


Comments

Popular Posts