Sunday Dinner with a Lisa Twist

So this is something that I have attempted once before, but I really made it up and it turned out to be excellent.

So, this is a slow-cooked beef brisket with veggies. I call it "Lisa's beef". I know, nice ring to it.

When I serve it, I make a giant Yorkshire pudding in an oven pan. 

Here is the recipe:

1 large brisket (650g or so)
Thyme
Rosemary
Minced garlic
2-3 large carrots chopped
1 large onion
1 pack of mushrooms (optional)
2-3 stalks of celery (optional)
2-4 large potatoes chopped (optional)
Red wine
OXO beef stock 
OXO flavour pot
Plain flour to thicken.



The recipe tonight only has onion, carrots and mushrooms. I change it over time

Method:

Put all the ingredients into the slow cooker. The amount of the spices and wine all depends on your taste buds. Today I used half a bottle of wine and a pint of water for the liquid. I tend to put a lot of spices in to really build the flavour. 
Slow cook for 6-7 hours.



For the Yorkshire pudding:
3 cups of milk
3 cups of plain flour
3 eggs
A pinch of salt and pepper



Mix everything and pour into either a muffin tray or a large pan to bake. Do not open the oven when it's baking or they will not rise. To avoid them sticking use a small amount of lard in the bottom of the pan. 

For the horseradish sauce:

2-3 tablespoons of Horseradish
6-7 tablespoons of Cream cheese

Mix together and use a dollop on top of your dish and serve! 



So there you have it, my made up version of a twist on Sunday dinner mixed with stew.



Happy cooking! 

Lisa xx 

*Please note: I am not a professional chef/baker, nor here to plug any companies, chefs, chains etc. I am a pleasantly plump woman who has a fierce love of feeding myself, husband, and anyone who loves to eat!
 

Comments

Popular Posts