Christmas Pudding in November

Hello Readers! 

Happy Tuesday to you all! Only 3 more sleeps until the weekend and just to scare you all a little, 7 more Friday's until Christmas! 

Now before I cause my entire family a complete heart attack (and no Dad, I have not started decorating the house, listening to Christmas music or watching films), English Christmas Pudding takes time and a lot of TLC! 

Mr. Price loves his Christmas pudding! It is a tradition he has loved all his life and it's his second favourite dessert next to sticky toffee pudding. 

Now as previously stated, I am currently in cake school with my dear friend Sue. Our instructions for this week's class was to bring our Christmas cake. 

My cake has a twist on the traditional recipe as I am allergic to tree nuts (every nut except for peanuts). So, I found a delightful recipe on the BBC Website. I have modified the recipe slightly more to Mr. P's liking.

So here is what I changed:

I soaked my fruits (dried apricots, sultana, raisins, candied cherries) over night in a litre of Sherry:



Today I poured the entire mixture, including left over sherry into the bowl and melted shortening instead of butter. 

For the mixed spices I doubled the amount suggested for a WOW flavour effect and I used:
ground clove
cinnamon
ground ginger





I followed the methods as stated in the recipe.

Here is how it turned out:



So now, we wait! I have to begin the process of icing and decorating the cake, I will be sure to post the final product when it is completed on December 2!

Thank you all for taking the time to read and happy baking!

Thanks,
Lisa xx 

*Please note: I am not a professional chef/baker, nor here to plug any companies, chefs, chains etc. I am a pleasantly plump woman who has a fierce love of feeding myself, husband, and anyone who loves to eat!

Comments

Popular Posts