A little context...

Dear Reader,

Let me start by introducing myself. I am Lisa; a 27 year old Canadian living in the UK. I moved here in 2011 to pursue my career and dream in teaching.

I have adventured in all aspects of teaching and I currently work as an English Department Head in the metropolis of Luton, United Kingdom (30 miles north of London).

Now, before we go any further into my life story, I must explain where the inspiration of this blog came from:

About 4 years ago now, I started a blog when I moved to London called "All Things British". At  the time, my cousin (more like a big brother), Matthew (known better as "Princess" to a dear friend and I) plugged me to write an entry a week for a small token of appreciation: sushi essentially.

So as all older siblings, relatives or whoever do, Princess continued to hold it over my head that I stopped blogging when I started dating my boyfriend at the time, who is now my husband (Mr. Price).

Being the determined and stubborn woman that I am, I have decided to accept Princess' new challenge to not only blog once a week, but create a new treat or something I truly love to make.

I will say this, I have always found true comfort in the kitchen. I truly enjoy cooking for others. So whether it's a dinner for my husband, a treat for my colleagues (Josh I owe you butter tarts), or a need to make something to alleviate stress or feeling blue, I will make the kitchen my "go to" room. I come by it honestly as my father is an amazing cook and my mother is an incredible baker. I am blessed with a love of both talents and this is my attempt to share it with you all virtually, and some lucky individuals in person.

I am very open to any ideas you might have of things to try, however, they will have to do without nuts as I am severely allergic!

So get your mouths ready to water and I truly hope you enjoy reading my posts and seeing the inside humour of who I am as I start the adventures of "Mrs. Price's Plates!"


*Please note: I am by no means a professional and will not be plugging any companies or chefs/bakers. I am a pleasantly plump woman with a fierce appetite of feeding myself, husband, and well, anyone who likes to eat!

Thanks!

Lisa xx

Comments

Popular Posts